Untitled XI - Watercolor & Ink

Thought I would change things up a bit today! At first glance you may see a crazy messed up looking kind of face! But in all actuality that is not what I saw when I was painting this picture. It is actually a far corner with red walls in a dark lit bar, with two pictures, one on each wall, along with a bar table & chair. And no I wasn't drunk when I painted this one LOL. This is just a different approach for me. A friend of mine loaned me this book that I've been reading tilted red. Which I think helped  inspire me to paint this picture! I hope some of you like it!

A great big welcome to all of my new followers & thanks to all who have left comments on my work! :)

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you all have a wonderful day!

Best wishes!

Dana

Untitled XI
Click On Image To Enlarge

2010
Watercolor & Ink
Done on Arches 140Lb. Cold Pressed Paper
8x6


Comments

  1. I like the complexity of this piece ... at first glance it does seem to be a face but once I started looking at it as a room, everything changed. Wonderful work! :)

    By the way, thank you for following my site ... I'm now following you, as well. I'd also like to introduce you to my hubby's site ... he's an artist and tries to create something on a daily (or almost daily) basis. Here's his link:

    http://4oneaday.blogspot.com/

    I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana, just found your lovely blog. The color is great!
    Wishing you a happy weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great rich colours and nice linework!namaste

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this piece! I get mystery, solitude, intrigue. I'd love to hear more about this book as well - was it an art book?

    ReplyDelete
  5. your stuff-- dope. really. texture. i need art too... hm hm hm

    talented.

    xo
    S-O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work. I love the use of color. It's so great to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, with a good movement.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! So vivid! I love to hear about what inspires you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

The Prophet - Oil

Pear - Original Oil Painting For Sale