Still Life - Vase With Faux Flowers

Hi everyone! Let me first start off by saying that I'm a terrible photographer! My only aspiration in life is to hopefully become a decent painter! Anyway this photo does not do this painting any justice what so ever!
This one was I'd say about 90%  done with a palette knife! One of my life long favorite methods to use in creating a painting! You can create such amazing textures & color somethings!  LOL. Sorry I'm still waking up :)
 And if I may, a short story on the process of this picture, I started with the intention of doing the whole thing with brushes, but ended up creating quite a PRETTY LARGE area of MUD where the flowers were suppose to be! So I ended up scraping out everything but the vase itself! The original back ground was suppose to have a scrub out look to it & luckily I was able to keep that in the final picture! And like I said the photo of this one,  please excuse my language, SUCKS! I am going to try & get a better one later. Any way thank you very much for stopping by here today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

  Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have, either by email or by phone!

Thanks again.

Dana





I think this is a slightly better photo! There will be slight variations in the lighting & color on this painting than the way you you view it here. The lower right hand corner is not that bright it is a lighting reflection. But still a better pic!

12" x 9"  Oil on Canvas Panel  2010

SOLD
Now in the Beverly Reyer Collection

E-mail me at  danachabino@gmail.com


Comments

  1. Thank you :)

    Just wish I could take better photos LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work. I am originally from Wichita, and took my art lessons from a wonderful woman years ago at the Art Museum over by Cow Town. I loved painting down by the Arkansas River in Riverside Park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! I also took lessons for several years at the museum. Her name wasn't Judy MCcrea by chance was it? And now I live in Riverside & also love taking walks down by the river & drawing!

    Thanks for stopping by & commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi you.
    long time no see.
    are you ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I'm doing absolutely fantastic! Thanks.
    Hope you're doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the colors in this piece and the flowers in the vase. Thanks for adding yourself to my blog. Appreciate it - one artist to another :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic painting! I hope you'll continue making wonderful pieces of art for a thousand years! I would be truly honored if you gave your poetic advice on my blogs of poetry and follow them if you like.

    http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

    http://humanicanagold.blogspot.com/

    If you found my poetry interesting I would love it if you followed my blog of Idealism and justice.

    http://terrandaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

The Prophet - Oil

Pear - Original Oil Painting For Sale