First Glimpse of Spring

   This is one of my studio paintings that I finally finished last night! Outside of the fact that I am past ready for spring to hurry up & get here! I got my inspiration for this painting believe it or not from looking down at the ground in my front yard :) This painting was done on a studio wrapped canvas, meaning no staples on the sides of the stretcher bars, and they are painted as well so this is actually ready to hang on your wall! No need to frame it! The Impasto on this piece is really quite remarkable! There is a TON of paint on this picture! Trying to remain humble, I really do like this painting! Hopefully you will like it as well! I have found it very comforting & relaxing to look at, what are your feelings towards this one?
   It will be a few days before it is dry, but don't let that stop you from going ahead and reserving it for your own collection!

  Thanks so much to all of you who have been joining my blog lately! And thanks for all of the wonderful & encouraging comments! They really mean a great deal to me! Keeping me inspired as well!

  Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have a great one!

Best wishes.

Dana




     14" x 11"
Oil on Studio Wrapped Canvas  2010
                    

Comments

  1. Thank you Dana for visiting my blog. We enjoy painting similarly in technique. I love your style and colors. Come get a Sunshine award at my blog. Happy Creative Painting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

The Prophet - Oil

Pear - Original Oil Painting For Sale